Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Getting lost in Santiago

Why would I ever think that I could get around in Santiago without getting lost? After all, I sometimes still get lost on my way from school to the house (this is esma, clay is at school right now). Today, I decided to go to this huge mall that is supposed to be the largest in S. America (and it really is huge!!). To get there, I was either going to have to walk for like 5 hours, or take the metro and be there in about 10 minutes. So, clay convinced me to take the metro. That part wasn't too bad, but it was scary. I let the first metro pass because I was too scared to get in; I was brave enough by the second time.

What should have taken me about 10 minutes from the metro to the mall turned into at least 30 minutes. But, after asking for directions and looking at my map many times, I finally arrived at the Parque Arauco Mall. I won't talk much about the mall bc it was like any other huge ones. Coming back from the mall, I decided that paying 50cents was too much for transportation, so I decided to take the bus!! The first one I tried to take was going the opposite way (I only know this because the driver was kind enough to tell me that wasn't the right bus for me & where to go). Once I did board the right bus, I didn't have a bus pass, which I learned was the only way to pay for fare. Once again, the bus driver saved me and allowed me to take the bus for FREE!!! I was so so excited; you guys know how much Clay & I love free stuff!!! So, that's basically all I have done today.

I have much more to post, but this is getting pretty long. On our next chapter, we will talk about McDonald's, Pizza Hut, Starbucks, & my new favorite coffee shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment